G Suite for Education
What Google Core services are offered for students?
G Suite for Education accounts, students may access and use the following “Core Services” offered by Google and described at https://gsuite.google.com/terms/user_features.html.
- Chrome Sync
- Cloud Search
- Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms
What additional services will students be allowed to access?
Our elementary school students have access to the following Google Additional Services:
- Chrome web store: **- restrict usage to organization-approved apps and extensions.
- Google Bookmarks
- Google Books
- Google Earth
- Google Maps and Google My Maps
- Google Photos
- Google Play: **- restrict usage to organization-approved apps and extensions.
- Google Meet: ** - restricted to within the organization.
Our middle school students have access to all elementary services, along with these additions:
- Google Sites, Blogger and YouTube - It’s important to note that we do not allow YouTube restricted videos and our content filter also restricts inappropriate content.
Our high school students have access to all elementary and middle services, along with this addition:
- Google Takeout ** - will be enabled for seniors between May 1 and July 31 for exiting seniors.
What personal information is used student account is created.
How does Google use this information?
In Google Additional Services, Google uses the information collected from all Additional Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Google and its users. Google may also use this information to offer tailored content, such as more relevant search results. Google may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Google services.
What information does Google provide regarding information collection, use and disclosure?
Does Google use students personal information for users in (K-12) schools to target advertising?
Can my child share information with others using G Suite for education account?
Will Google share my student's personal information?
Google will not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Google unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Confluence Academies - G Suite for Education accounts, because they are school-managed accounts, give administrators access to information stored in them.
- Parental or guardian consent. Google will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google when it has parents’ consent (for users below the age of consent), which may be obtained through G Suite for Education schools.
- External processing. Google may provide personal information to affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for Google, based on Google’s instructions and in compliance with the G Suite for Education privacy notice and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Legal reasons. Google will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if it has a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, Google users or the public as required or permitted by law. In addition, Google also shares non-personal information -- such as trends about the use of its services -- publicly and with its partners.